Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sound Mind/Peace

Philippians 4:8 Begin to think on the Word or begin to sing a praise song to God. Make a conscious effort to fill your mind with good, pure, wholesome, and lovely thoughts.

When I get angry or feel like there is too much noise in my life, prayer or singing to God are not the first things that come to mind. At first I want to stay mad or have a whining session and stay to myself for the majority of the day. Everyday there are situations that I don't like and throw my positivity off.

I have been working hard to become better with trying to release the anger at that moment and not let it carry over. The scripture says to fill our minds with good, pure, wholesome, and lovely thoughts. The more I practice this principle, the better I am able to express how I feel and not keep it within me, even though I still have my moments. There is also a bigger battle that is being fought with my flesh and spirit because of the effort I am putting in to make myself a better person.

When I keep negativity and anger within me about certain situations it starts to feel like poison is taking control. It feels as if there is a thorn going right through my heart. The light that I have starts to dim and everything I practice in order to be positive has been thrown out the window.

God wants us to enjoy life no matter what circumstances come our way. It feels a whole lot better to wake up everyday knowing that I have not carried over any negativity that has happened yesterday to the current day. I have learned to be more thankful to rise out of my bed and go to work or anywhere else I choose no matter what I am facing. All of the bad things I could think about are the last things that begin to take control of my mind. The devil tries to control your mind, but you have the power to take your mind back with Gods help.

People don't realize that starting their day off with a simple thank you to God with a scripture or two actually works. It prepares your day to be positive and free. It also prepares them to be open to blessings whether they are big or small. No blessing should be overlooked and the word prepares you to take on the daily challenges life brings.

Remember to always make a conscious effort to fill your mind with good, pure, wholesome, and lovely thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lebron Moves

Hey Everyone! How are you all doing? It has been awhile, but I thought I would jump on here and drop some gems real quick. It's NBA...