Thursday, May 3, 2018

Lebron Moves




Hey Everyone! How are you all doing? It has been awhile, but I thought I would jump on here and drop some gems real quick. It's NBA Playoffs time and it has been overwhelmingly exciting to watch these games because there are a lot of underdog teams who have made it. Even though I am not a particular fan of any team, I have to say I do admire Cleveland making the playoffs every year despite all odds. Of course they have an outstanding leader that is working very hard to carry his team on his back. Do I need to say his name if it's already within the title?

There is a lot of pressure put on me, but I don't put a lot of pressure on myself. I feel if I play my game, it will take care of itself. - Lebron James

You've got it! I am talking about the King himself....LEBRON! I actually think that he cries a lot of the time about useless fouls, but I'm not even going to go there. Today I would like to talk about how I admire his leader role he has taken on for his team. Let's think about this for a minute. Cleveland is not as glamorous as Miami by far! For those of you not hip to basketball, Lebron left playing basketball in Miami to go to play in Cleveland. Cleveland is his hometown and he also took a pay cut in order for him to play there.

I make impact plays. I make game-changing plays. LeBron James

From my perspective I believe Lebron felt that there was some unfinished business in his hometown. This had to be hard for him to move back to a town that was heartbroken when he left as if he cheated on a longtime love. In his heart he knew that he had to go back to Cleveland to fulfill a life long dream that he probably has had since a kid. I can relate to the move that Lebron did that shocked the world around him and outside of him.

I am originally from Virginia, but my father took a job transfer to a place called Binghamton, NY when I was the fresh age of 2. We left a nice subdivision cookie cutter home and moved to a place famously known as the twilight zone. My father in polite terms highly disliked this place and being that there was a bar on every corner, it did not help with his liking of alcohol aka addiction. We ended up moving back to Virginia after some of our poorest years to get back to our roots. Fast forward years later I found myself moving back to Binghamton, NY at the age of 25. This is what you call an upset in the NBA Playoffs. A move that no one expected to be played by me.

This move was a shocking move to the world around me and like Lebron I felt there was some unfinished business that needed attention. You see when I left New York when I was eleven I felt that I left a part of me there. That part of me was my artistic capability which was part of my soul. Even though I didn't want to move from the nice lifestyle as well as nice weather, God was waiting for me to make some Lebron moves. By moving back I found treasures within myself, treasures that I can relay to as skills, gifts, etc.

You know, God gave me a gift to do other things besides play the game of basketball. - Lebron James

The move helped me stumble upon skills such as leadership in which I had not paid attention to because I never searched for them. My move helped me find myself and it allowed God to show his favor upon my life. It was almost as if I had made it to the playoffs once I unlocked the skills and gifts that were inside of me. Ever since then I have felt that I continuously work toward the championship goal each year. I make goals for myself to where I am shooting at least 40 points every chance I get whether its Art Showcases or posting on Social Media. I am currently living my best life because the actions I have disciplined myself in.

My advice to my readers is that you and I have to make Lebron moves even in the midst of adversity. The weather is barely sunny in Binghamton, NY, but guess what I still make Lebron moves. I may not have a reliable team surrounding me, but I still make Lebron moves. Do you understand the pattern of this? I including you watch Lebron every year work his butt off to get to the Playoffs with a team that is so so within a city that has been forgotten outside of sports. What moves can you make within your life to make an impact in the world? Challenge yourself to make game-changing moves for the ones around you to witness. Do you find yourself blaming things such as where you live or what car you drive on not living your full potential?  People may not always like you, but they will respect the moves you make at the end of the day.

Peep the Video below and hopefully you are inspired......Enjoy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lebron Moves

Hey Everyone! How are you all doing? It has been awhile, but I thought I would jump on here and drop some gems real quick. It's NBA...