Monday, September 26, 2016

Melanin

Melanin.

Is my skin not good enough for you?
Is my black almost too blue?
Is what your feeling really true?
I can't change myself to be something society wants.
Nor can I change what people have said to me in order to taunt.
My blood boils when I get disrespected.
But in reality I guess you can say that's what should be expected.
This country is filled with bitter and disgust.
With a bunch of false relationships and hearts filled with lust.
What I see in the mirror is a beautiful brown woman.
With a whole lot of sass and zen.
Oh yea and by the way, I stand tall and proud when I say my name is Kristen.
But off of that let's get back to my skin.
Buttery brown, mixed with sugar.
Looks so sweet that I'll even make a burglar put down his trigger.
Nothing will ever change the way I feel about myself.
All the negativity thrown at me will be put on a shelf.
I hope to see you around one day.
But next time think before you speak when you come my way.

Kristen Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lebron Moves

Hey Everyone! How are you all doing? It has been awhile, but I thought I would jump on here and drop some gems real quick. It's NBA...