Thursday, March 23, 2017

The American Dream



It was all a dream I used to read Word Up! Magazine....Well not really, but I did read magazines and wish that I could succeed to be just like the people I would scan the pages to see. What I seen in the magazines, television, etc. literally looked as if the lifestyle was untouchable and what everyone should want for themselves. I didn't realize that wanting what others have could be detrimental to my future if I didn't pay attention to the Dream I had for myself. I eventually learned to not set myself up for failure trying to live someone else's American Dream.

What is the American Dream? The definition seems to be after high school go to college, get your ideal job after, get married, and buy a house. My American Dream has been more nightmares in a sense because it hasn't always went in this order. Majority of the time the peers around us  tend to put pressure on us without even noticing. We can start to look around and see what everyone else is doing, but questioning what WE ARE supposed to do. Planning seems to be overrated these days, but all in all there is still a course that needs to be followed and that's God's plan for YOU and only YOU.

I was reminded recently that I had fell off track and forgot my soul purpose of being on earth. Every now and then I get distracted and side tracked from the dream that God has planned out for me. I only knew this because I started to feel as if the world was caving in on me and felt like I needed some time to myself. What also has been brought to my attention is me losing track of who's the center of my life and why I have a purpose in the first place. This may seem a bit shocking, but I don't always stay the course like I'm supposed to because I'm human and that's just what humans do sometimes.

The great thing about my relationship with God is that he forgives me before I even ask for forgiveness. He's waiting right there when I don't necessarily always turn to him. God is the only one that has created a dream that was specifically made for me. I have to remind myself of this constantly because it could feel as if everyone is moving ahead while I stay stagnant. In reality I'm not being stagnant it's just called Gods timing.

We could be so caught up with not being caught up with others that we hold ourselves back from working in our true purpose. All of our American Dreams differ because all of our paths are not supposed to be the same. What's meant for you is for you and not others. Learn to block the distractions of television and social media and learn to feed your soul with food it wants and needs. Just remember don't be so busy chasing the American Dream that you forget what your reality is supposed to be. Stay prayed up and keep the faith.

Check out this AMAZING clip from Zig Ziglar speaking about DREAMS! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lebron Moves

Hey Everyone! How are you all doing? It has been awhile, but I thought I would jump on here and drop some gems real quick. It's NBA...