Monday, March 14, 2016

Your body is a temple, treat it as such.

Have you ever felt like you were disgusted with a habit you may not be able to quit easily? Or maybe you feel like you want to change something about yourself that can easily be done, but you have been procrastinating heavily (as I raise my hand). Well....I am going to be brutally honest and open about mines. Right now in my life I am not at a weight that I am used to and yes I know some may have noticed, but a lot of people have not. I tend to be able to hide how I feel about certain things and what I weigh well. You may be thinking to yourself, she takes a lot of pictures and she seems to be so confident? Let me tell you I am my hardest critic for myself. Ever since I had my son it has been hard to break the habit of eating what I want and proportioning my meals. Since I am short I really need to be careful of how much weight I actually put on because it can become dangerous and come with many health risks. It also does not help that I have a job where I sit all day in front of computers and sometimes I forget about getting up out of my chair. I'm very thankful for being able to sit, but it can be a gift and a curse at the same time. Before I had my son weight was not an issue for me, I could eat Chipotle all day and not gain anything. When you have a child or children your body changes and very rarely goes back to being the same. It is harder sometimes to lose weight and it may have slowed your metabolism down. There are some mothers that "snap back" per say, but they can probably tell you that they feel different as well if you ask them.

I don't want some quick so called health plan that ends up making you gain more weight back when you stop. I really want to change my whole eating habits for the better completely. Meaning more vegetables, fruits, and healthy proteins. The reason for my weight loss not being as successful as I would like are because I am procrastinating and I LOOOOVE Food! Especially food that are considered carbs and starches which I am definitely not supposed to be eating to lose weight and it does not help speed up the process. When someone has a goal they are determined and procrastination is no where within their motivation. I've decided to take control of what is going on and make my body feel better and make myself feel better as a whole. The bible teaches us that our body is a temple (1 Corinthians 6:19) in which I have not been following. I have been reflecting over my life for the past couple of months and evaluating myself from the inside, out. I feel like I should take better care of my body for myself and my family. This journey also does not only consists of working on my body, but on the inside of my body also. Coming from a family background of heart disease, diabetes, and strokes I need to be more conscious about the decisions I make towards my future. I will be on a new journey to find healthier alternatives to eat and also learn how to portion my meals again. Eating food is important for the nourishment of my body, but it should not be an obsession or constantly on my mind. I honestly want to get to the point of food being less complicated than I have made it. God did not create us so beautifully for us to harm what he fearfully and wonderfully made. It is time to do better!

Thanks for the support in advance and I will be keeping you all updated! My only hope out of this is that I am able to be transparent with my struggles I am having and it could maybe help or inspire someone else.

Until next time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lebron Moves

Hey Everyone! How are you all doing? It has been awhile, but I thought I would jump on here and drop some gems real quick. It's NBA...