Monday, April 11, 2016

Don't settle

I have recently started to really embrace who I am and what I stand for. Now for many people they might have thought that I was already there, but I definitely was not. In the past I was always scared to really be myself because of what people may have thought about me. I was afraid to put myself out there because I was too busy comparing myself to other people and what they were doing. Let me give you a piece of advice, do not and I repeat DO NOT compare yourself to others in no way possible. It does not matter if someone is already doing what your doing or what your trying to do, please save yourself from drowning in the sea of comparing.

For instance I was looking into a particular field to maybe go back to school for because I thought that it was something meant for me. I mean I really tried to convince myself that I can do this particular job just because I had seen a couple other people doing it and loving it. Then one night I had a dream that I was driving and I went from being on a paved road to a dirt road where my car started to lose control. I ended up turning my car around and getting back on the paved road that I was originally on. That dream to me was a sign and warning to myself to not go in that direction. I had received revaluation from God that I was trying to put myself in a box and do something just because someone thought it would be a good fit for me. The key word is someone! Just because someone tell you to do something does not mean that God created you to do so. 

The moral of this story is that when someone suggest you to do something think about it first instead of diving head first into it. Ask God if you were created to do this. When you ask you 100% get the answer back even if it is not right away. There is much more to this life than trying to place yourself in something that you will be limited in. When you follow God there is no limit to what he has for you. As I am growing, I am starting to realize that the opportunities are endless. I have trained myself to think that I have to limit myself to what may be easy for me. Through challenges there will be accomplishments that you may not even recognize. The accomplishments comes when you start to believe in who you are and not settle for what people want you to do, but what God wants you to do. Don't ever t settle, there is much more out there to achieve!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lebron Moves

Hey Everyone! How are you all doing? It has been awhile, but I thought I would jump on here and drop some gems real quick. It's NBA...