Saturday, January 21, 2017

Loyalty left me broke.



Good morning everyone! It is finally Saturday and we are officially within the weekend! Today I want to talk about loyalty, yes you all loyalty. I've seen the word loyalty used more than ever recently and I started to question my loyalty to my peers. The definition of loyalty is having a strong feeling of support or allegiance. Of course we all have people that we are genuily loyal to without a doubt, but are we loyal to the right ones? Do we really know what loyalty consists of?

I don't  have a great past with loyalty because it's left me broken majority of the time. I tend to get mixed up in what I call trying to please everyone, but myself without knowing how much damage is
being done. People come and go, but when I started to realize who I was supposed to be loyal to all along my life started changing for the better. In this blog I talk about God a lot and you guessed it, he is the one I had to start being loyal to. With his help I started to learn what being loyal to myself meant as well.

“I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing.
—JOHN 15:5”

We cannot do nothing without God! We might think we can because we don't feel the effects right away. When I started being loyal to people, I forgot to have a relationship with God. Sometimes people are loyal to a places or things, but we can't forget to be loyal to the person that created, the one that knows us inside and out. As the scripture states above, whoever lives in God bears much (abundant) fruit. My downfall of being loyal to the wrong people made my Fruit spoil.

People are always going to let us down throughout our lives, it's just a given. We that are still on this earth have to learn how to be loyal to God first and yourselves after. What do I mean by this? We have to stop putting people, places and things on false pedi stools. Once we start doing that it becomes a form of idolatry and our God is a pretty jealous God. As far as being loyal to ourselves, that comes with making sure we are good mentally, emotionally, and physically first before we others with these.

'You shall not make for yourselves idols, nor shall you set up for yourselves an image or a sacred pillar, nor shall you place a figured stone in your land to bow down to it; for I am the LORD your God. - Leviticus 26:1
Have you ever heard someone say that they've been treated bad by a person that they've been loyal to? That's because we tend to put too much energy into keeping a person close to us. We probably shouldn't be loyal to that person in the first place. We have to start praying for people to come in our lives that are going to be just as loyal as we are to them. I've been burned plenty of times by people who I was close with, but I'm grateful for those experiences. They taught me how much loyalty I was actually giving people before I got a chance to know them. 
What to be loyal to is still a learning process and honestly I probably won't ever get it down to a science, but I will try my hardest to work on it. I'm tired of seeing my peers be loyal to the wrong people, to the wrong places, and to the wrong things. Don't worry about looking cool to others or trying to follow what everyone else is following. Loyalty is not a bad thing, but put God first, be yourself, and stay loyal to who you really are. 
Check the video below
Trent Shelton - Realtionships/Loyalty is Rare

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lebron Moves

Hey Everyone! How are you all doing? It has been awhile, but I thought I would jump on here and drop some gems real quick. It's NBA...